Frequently Asked Questions
Please park at Captain Carlo’s Restaurant located at 27 Harbor Loop, Gloucester, MA 01930 our boat will be located just behind the restaurant.
- Food (bagged lunches)
- Drinks (soda, water, juice and beer/wine)
Appropriate Clothing – think layers!
- Remember that it is cooler on the water than it is on land, so you may want to bring a sweatshirt or jacket.
- Rain gear, waterproof boots or shoes.
- If you’re a hearty soul out fishing in the fall or early winter, you’ll want to dress in layers.
- Sun visor or a hat to block the powerful rays.
- Should the captain determine that the weather and seas are too rough for your charter to go out you will be offered the option of rescheduling. In the event that rescheduling is not a possibility, you will be refunded 50% of your deposit. Rain is not considered a reason to cancel a charter, and vessels will sail on a rainy day.
- At a minimum, we recommend that you take over the counter medication like Dramamine, starting the night before your trip. It does little good to start taking these over the counter medications once you are feeling queasy. Be sure you carefully follow the instruction label for taking an over-the-counter medication to ensure sufficient dosage. The dosage is typically calculated for a 150-pound person.
Our primary target is Giant Bluefin Tuna. If we catch a GBT (0ver 73”) we will sell the fish commercially. Clients will get back 20% of the sale proceeds after all expenses. This will go towards future charters with us. We may tag and release the tuna depending on if the fishery quota is closed for the month. Sometimes on charters we are in the mix with tuna that are under 73”. If that is the case, and it gets late in the charter, we could take one of these home to butcher for clients. This will only occur if we feel that the chances of landing a giant are not good for the day.